New Sessions and window size

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

New Sessions and window size

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

Is there a way to force BR to open new session windows in a particular size? My subsequent sessions are opening huge windows - almost maximized - and I can't figure out why. So those sessions look like they aren't even from the same software since the window (and the text) is all of a sudden gigantic. I'm using the same version of BR (obviously) and the same BRCONFIG.SYS file.

I'm sure this is something basic, but I don't know where to look.

-- Susan
Gabriel

Re: New Sessions and window size

Post by Gabriel »

If you do "Save Window Size and Position" from the default BR windows dropdown menu, then it will save the settings (per session number) and later when you load that same session again, it will use those values.

You probably want to open the maximum number of sessions that you think your BR users will use and save the size and position of all of them.

But i'm pretty sure this needs to be done on each computer, because I think BR stores this value in the Windows Registry.

There is also a Environment Variable command you can use to Save the Font Size and Position from code. http://brwiki.ads.net/index.php?title=SetEnv

Gabriel
Susan Smith wrote:Hi all,

Is there a way to force BR to open new session windows in a particular size? My subsequent sessions are opening huge windows - almost maximized - and I can't figure out why. So those sessions look like they aren't even from the same software since the window (and the text) is all of a sudden gigantic. I'm using the same version of BR (obviously) and the same BRCONFIG.SYS file.

I'm sure this is something basic, but I don't know where to look.

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

Susan,
If you recall you can also use a little auto-it script to set the size of or move your session. i believe i have one with a little BR!function wrapper if you want.

http://brwiki.ads.net/index.php?title=SAQ
"
Q. How can I move or resize a Session of Business Rules!?
A. A short AutoIt3 Script, probably utilizing it's WinMove function.
"

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/doc ... inMove.htm
Last edited by John on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Oh very cool John! If you can dig it up, I'd love to give it a whirl and see what it does. Do you recall if AutoIt can be installed on a network or does it need to live on each workstation?

(on second thought...I can find that information myself. I was being lazy <g>)

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

i believe it runs just fine off a network drive with no install necessary.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Nice, John. Also, thanks for referring me to the Seldom Asked Questions section of the wiki. I didn't know that was there!

And thanks to Gabriel as well. I need to play with BR's ability to set the screen size and position. I seem to recall that fnGeorge has functions to use this :)

-- Susan
gordon

Post by gordon »

The attached feature set was added to 4.20D and is included in the release brdebug420-2009-06-17.exe on the FTP site in DLL_Distr.

It will be a part of 4.20E release notes, which is very close to being published.

These features pertain to the positioning of independent windows and allow for NAMED WINDOW POSITIONS. An example program is included.
Attachments
420D_feature.txt
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 407 times