[BR_forum] Attributes

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

John

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by John »

I have a problem. I need to know which screen attribute controls the different part in the following two screen shots. If you know and can tell me than it could save me a ton of work figuring it out. Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Screen shot one:

And screen shot 2:

I believe the same set of config attribute statements made both screen settings, but clearly something is different.

-john
Attachments
image002.png
image002.png (34.49 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
image001.png
image001.png (35.46 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
John Bowman
Stephen Koger

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by Stephen Koger »

If your talking about the Size of the TAB text. I believe that is a fix between versions and not an attribute. I believe it calculates that based upon your window size now. Where before it was a fixed size. I thought that was a 4.17 fix though. But its possible because there were 4.18 versions already out at the time that you have switched to the 4.18 release that they had to incorporate the fix into as well. This is all theory on my part. ADS will have to confirm that.

Steve

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of John Bowman
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:03 AM
To: 'Business Rules Forum'
Subject: [BR_forum] Attributes

I have a problem. I need to know which screen attribute controls the different part in the following two screen shots. If you know and can tell me than it could save me a ton of work figuring it out. Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Screen shot one:

And screen shot 2:

I believe the same set of config attribute statements made both screen settings, but clearly something is different.

-john
Attachments
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (82.06 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (89.42 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
John

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by John »

Actually – I didn’t realize how not-obvious it was until after I sent it. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the two screen shots are not exactly the same size. The difference I’m trying to pin point is the grey/black area between the buttons at the botton as well as the grey/black areas around the outside. These colors are for sure controlled by attributes, but which one changes that … ?3-d background area?

-john

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Stephen Koger
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] Attributes

If your talking about the Size of the TAB text. I believe that is a fix between versions and not an attribute. I believe it calculates that based upon your window size now. Where before it was a fixed size. I thought that was a 4.17 fix though. But its possible because there were 4.18 versions already out at the time that you have switched to the 4.18 release that they had to incorporate the fix into as well. This is all theory on my part. ADS will have to confirm that.

Steve

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of John Bowman
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:03 AM
Subject: [BR_forum] Attributes

Screen shot one:

And screen shot 2:

-john
Attachments
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (82.06 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (89.42 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
John Bowman
Stephen Koger

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by Stephen Koger »

LOL Too early in the morning on a Monday.. I see now that you were likely asking about the Background being Black in one and not the other. Can’t help you there.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Stephen Koger
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:34 AM

Steve
John

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by John »

I figured out how to correct this. Two solutions:

open #0: "",d,o

or

con gui off and con gui on

either way BR! rebuilds whatever and redisplays these areas… I think re-opening #0 is the most appropriate fix, so that’s the solution I’ll use, but the other works too.

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:42 AM

LOL Too early in the morning on a Monday.. I see now that you were likely asking about the Background being Black in one and not the other. Can’t help you there.

Steve
John Bowman
Stephen Koger

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by Stephen Koger »

We are working to reduce significantly the Open #0’s in our GUI Version of our software because in our testing over Remote connections, there is a long redraw of the screen for each Open #0. Even if you do a screen freeze and thaw. You get the same pause length, just not the line by line screen redraw.

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:15 AM

or

either way BR! rebuilds whatever and redisplays these areas… I think re-opening #0 is the most appropriate fix, so that’s the solution I’ll use, but the other works too.

Steve
John

[BR_forum] Attributes

Post by John »

Oh, I see, Thanks for the heads up!

-john

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 10:21 AM

We are working to reduce significantly the Open #0’s in our GUI Version of our software because in our testing over Remote connections, there is a long redraw of the screen for each Open #0. Even if you do a screen freeze and thaw. You get the same pause length, just not the line by line screen redraw.

Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:15 AM

or

Steve
John Bowman