Variable Naming Requirements
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- May contain any letter, number or underscore.
- Must begin with a letter or an underscore.
- May not contain dashes, spaces or any characters other than letters and underscores. In other words, characters such as - , ; : * ! @ # $ % ^ & ( ) + and many others are not allowed in a variable name.
- May not exceed 30 characters.
- May not start with "fn" as that prefix is reserved for User Defined Functions.
- BR variable names are case-insensitive, so myVariable$ and Myvariable$ will refer to the exact same variable.
- String variable names must end with a $.